I was thrilled to be invited from the nice folks at My Blog Spark to do a product review for Betty Crocker Gluten Free Dessert Mixes. I was very excited when I saw that Betty Crocker had created dessert mixes that were specifically Gluten Free.
Well many of you might be thinking, What is Gluten? Gluten is a special type of protein that is commonly found in rye, wheat, and barley. Therefore, it is found in most types of cereals and in many types of bread. Not all foods from the grain family, however, contain gluten. Examples of grains that do not have gluten include wild rice, corn, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, quinoa, teff, oats, soybeans, and sunflower seeds. Gluten essentially helps make bread elastic, providing it with that chewy texture it has when eaten.
Some people suffer from a disease called Celiac
Our oldest stepdaughter, Brandy, has Asperger's Syndrome, a Pervasive Developmental Disorder on the Autism spectrum. The twins have ADHD, and I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, amongst other ailments-- which is exacerbated by my chronic, congenital Anemia, called Thallesemia. We've found that closely adhering to a Gluten Free diet helps alleviate and reduce the "triggers" and the "flare ups" that my family and I commonly experience with our respective ailments. As I started to explore gluten-free products and options, I hated that I wasted so much money on products that didn’t taste good. I turned online to search for suggestions from real people about what gluten free products were worth my time and money. I admit, I am not the best cook, and definitely not a “foodie”, even though sometimes I wish I was. I needed some reliable mixes and products to help me on my gluten free journey since spending hours planning and cooking everything from scratch just isn’t an option every day.
I was thrilled because Betty Crocker is a well trusted household name, and can be found in any super market. The prices are about $4.99 a box, but this is a considerable savings over those "Specialty" health food stores.
I was a bit concerned if Betty Crocker Gluten Free Dessert Mixes were going to be able to pass the "kid test". Gluten Free baked goods don't really have a good reputation for tasting good...at all. I decided to bake the Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and we were all pleasantly suprised and impressed! Wow, these cookies are really good!" Now, the days of baking several different batches of cookies are long gone. We've found something that is Tasty, healthy, affordable, and something that all of our family and friends can enjoy preparing and consuming, together. Finally, inclusion feels good!
Betty Crocker offers chocolate and vanilla cake, chocolate chip cookies and brownie mixes. The back of the box only gives gluten free directions, that is, they tell you to use butter, but their website gives butter free directions, which in all reality simply tells you to substitute Crisco for the butter in equal parts.
Together, and with many thanks to MyBlogSpark, I am able to bring you a sweet GIVEAWAY for your family to enjoy. One lucky Multiple Blessings reader will win a pretty “sweet" Betty Crocker Gluten Free Mix Prize package.
1 - Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
1- Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 -Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix
1 -Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
2- free coupons for any of the mix varieties
1- grocery tote bag
1- magnetic grocery list & pen
How to Enter the Giveaway:
Answer this question: Which of the Four new Betty Crocker Gluten Free Dessert mixes have you tried or would like to try?
Answering this question counts as your initial comment, and this MUST be done accordingly before all other additional entries will be considered because I will be checking, thanks in advance; AND Be sure to leave your email address in your comment! Especially if you do not have a blogger account with an active email on file. If I can't contact you, how are ya gonna know you won? Winner will be notified via email and have 48 hours to contact me before forfeiting prize and another winner will be chosen. Good Luck!
the deadline to enter this giveaway is 11:59 pm EST on Saturday, August 8, 2009.Important Update: Contest extended to 11:59 pm EST Monday, August 10th, as I am scheduled to work 12 hour night shifts on 8/8/2009 & 8/9/2009. Good luck and get those extra entries in! I will use Random.org to choose a winner from the qualifying comments on this post.
After you’ve answered the question, you can earn bonus entries by leaving separate comment entries for each that you choose to do. Here’s how:
- Follow @Twincere on Twitter, blogger and/or google friends. 1 additional entry for each
- Tweet about the contest up to three times a day, leaving a separate comment on this post linking to each tweet. You may copy & paste this if you'd like: Enter to Win a Betty Crocker Gluten Free Dessert Mixes Prize Pack Giveaway from @Twincere's blog - http://bit.ly/rud3F 1 additional entry for each Tweet.
- You can call to get a coupon for a FREE Betty Crocker Gluten-Free dessert mix! Here’s how:1) Call General Mills at 1-800-446-1898. 2) Select Menu Option 4 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. 3) Ask about the Gluten-free coupon offer. 4) Give your address and contact information. Leave a comment if you've done this . 1 additional entry
- Post about the contest on your blog with a link back to this post, leaving a comment on this post that links to your blog post. 5 additional entries
- Add me to your blog roll or link listing. 1 additional entry
- Grab my Multiple Blessings button (button code is in the right sidebar, scroll down a bit) and place it on your blog sidebar or navigation and leave me a comment on this post with a link where I can see it in action. 2 additional entries
- Subscribe to my feed. 1 additional entry
- ✮ If you happen to be one of my OLS peeps, leave me your OLS screen name for 3 additional entries Please leave 3 separate comments! ✮
- Submit a comment about why you've gone gluten free or considered doing it.1 additional entry
- Tell me what you feel is the hardest challenge of being Gluten Free.1 additional entry
Make sure you leave a VALID email address.
I will not search beyond your profile to find you.That is a part of entering and following rules.
You have 48 hours to respond to your winning email.
When entering a giveaway, you MUST follow the Required Entry.
Entries with “Enter Me’, “This is a great giveaway”, and so forth will be deleted.
All negative comments such as “This item is not even worth winning” will be deleted and you will receive ONE warning. Should you violate that warning you will then be banned.
I allow entries Per Email address.
So long as you follow the rules, you may enter using one or all of your email addresses.
If you have questions about these rules or any other questions/comments, please email me: Twincere@Gmail.com