*The following review was excerpted from BlogHer.com for your viewing pleasure. Sadly, I was NOT compensated for this post, but I really like BlogHer.com & thought you might, too*
As kids start heading back to school, their lives just keep getting busier and busier making it harder for parents to keep in communication with them.
Our 3 oldest girls have cell phones. I'm a long time Sprint subscriber and also have a great corporate discount plan that saves us quite a bit of money on our Family plan. So, naturally we have the extras which includes unlimited texting, Sprint TV,music & picture downloads, etc. I've already felt the financial burn from not being wise enough to have signed up for the plan in the first place, to the tune of making one unhappy teen fork over $75 to cover her text happy faux-pas. We're a very close family that is always connected, especially when it comes to our common interests like techy stuff and travel, and even simple things like watching the Disney Channel together.My kids get a kick out of texting each other, Dear Hubs and I, and of course, their friends. Its funny, our texting capabilities have improved considerably thanks to those text happy girls of ours!
Sprint asked 8 BlogHer Moms to share how they keep the lines of communication open with their children as they get older.
Read on and enter to win 1 of 9 $200 Visa Gift Cards!
- Suzanne from Chickens in the Road knows that keeping calm helps her teenagers to be more open when communicating.
- Find out how House on a Hill makes communicating with her son more enjoyable and helps to ensure his safety.
- Bridget from Our Cup Runneth Over shares her tips on how to keep communication open with your kids.
- JMom from Amoores shares how she keeps in touch with her teenage girls as their lives get busier and busier.
- Connie from Smockity Frocks knows that spending time together with her kids helps to make sure she knows what is going on in their lives.
- See how Rachael from Little Bites of Heaven overcomes communication challenges with her kids.
- Pensieve says that encouraging open communication with your children gets much more important when they start entering thir teenage years!
- Having racked up lots of experience communicating with her 5 teens, Retro-Food shares how she uses technology to stay in touch with her family.
Get your kids the supplies they need before they go back to school. Like Full QWERTY keyboard phones from Sprint. From the new duel slider Samsung ExclaimTM to the free LG Rumor2TM, your kids will thank you by text, email, and maybe even call you.
You must be registered at BlogHer and be logged in to the site to enter this promotion. If you are not registered, it's free and easy, go here!
The sweepstakes runs from August 10, 2009 to September 4, 2009 and is only open to individuals who, at the time of entry deadline, are legal residents of the United States and are 18 years or older; one entry per person and per email address. Please be sure that your email address is up-to-date in your BlogHer profile so that they can contact you if you win!