I woke up several hours later to terribly sun burned and wind chapped lips that were incredibly sensitive. (I never sunburn) I was even more un-happy when I found no relief from 2 or 3 other leading brand name Lip balm products (I'll be polite and refrain from naming names) and was desperate when I came across SoftLips® in the sundries boutique on the ship. So that is where my love affair began because it really works. I used to be a lipstick addict but I love the minimalistic, subtle, soft shimmer and sheen that I get from SoftLips® . I totally love that its a long wearing, smooth glide-on formula and doesn't leave a heavy, waxy , sticky residue on my lips.
What is it it?
How do you use it?
SoftLips® can be used alone or under/over lipstick as part of one's daily lip care regimenn. It should be applied liberally to the lips as needed, especially if your more prone to the effects of the elements of direct sunlight, wind, or coldness. SoftLips® should be reapplied after eating or drinking and the cap should be replaced immediately after each use.
So what's this stuff made of?
Dimethicone 2% (Skin protectant), Octinoxate 7. 5% (Sunscreen), Octisalate 3% (Sunscreen), Oxybenzone 3% (Sunscreen).
butylated hydroxytoluene, cetyl alcohol, ethylhexyl palmitate, flavor, menthol, myristyl alcohol, myristyl lactate, myristyl laurate, myristyl myristate, ozokerite, squalane, vitamin E, white petrolatum.
None of the ingredients contains animal by products. These all are vegetable derived or synthetically modified.
-The SoftLips® Pure Organic Line of lip conditioners are free of pesticides, harsh chemicals, parabens and Gluten. They are a balanced blend of organic oils, beeswax and shea butter with Vitamin E.
Where can I score some and how much is it gonna set me back?
The complete line of SoftLips® SPF 20 Conditioning Lip Balms are available in mass retail at any of your local supermarkets, pharmacies or other mass retailers like Target and Walmart. The suggested retail price for one 0.07 ounce stick is $2.79, and its approximately $3.99 for the value pack which contains two SoftLips® sticks.
So is there anything special going on--like a promo or giveaway?
Actually, SoftLips® has a "Picture Perfect Lips Search" going on right now. All you need to do is pucker up and upload your pretty pout and get your friends to vote for you.
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected by a panel of judges and will win: $2,500 cash, a one-year supply of Softlips® and the possibility of being represented by a modeling agency in New York City.
One Fan Favorite Winner will be selected through the most votes received online and will win a one-year supply of Softlips®.
Thanks again to Laura, the coolest PR rep for Softlips® , one lucky Multiple Blessings reader will win the complete set of Softlips® Limited Edition Winter Flavors which include Winter Mint, Sugar Cookie, Sugar & Spice, and Sugar Plum Berry. (as seen below)
How to Enter the GiveawayThe Mandatory entry MUST be done accordingly before all other additional entries will be considered valid, because I will be checking, thanks in advance! If you do not have a blogger account with an active email on file, please leave your email addy in your comment, (like this: Twincere(at)gmail(dot)com--it prevents spam bots from picking it up). If I can't contact you, how are ya gonna know you won? Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to contact me, or risk forfeiting the prize and another winner will have to be chosen. Good Luck! Deadline to enter is 11:59 pm EST on Monday, November 23, 2009 ! Winner will be chosen via Random.Org
Mandatory Entry– visit http://www.softlips.com/ AND tell me what your favorite SoftLips® flavor is or which flavor you'd like to try.
After you’ve completed the above step, you can earn bonus entries by leaving separate comment entries for each that you choose to do. Please follow the directions carefully, or your comment will have to be deleted (sorry) Here’s how:
Winners must be 18 or older and this contest is open U.S. & Canadian residents only. Void where prohibited. If you win and laws or rules prohibit your prize to be shipped to your address, another winner will be selected immediately.
- 1 Extra Entry- just follow @Twincere on Twitter & for each Tweet you post about the contest -unlimited entry opportunity- leave a separate comment on this post linking to each tweet. You can copy this if you'd like: Lip Service: @Twincere is giving away a 4 pkg set of the SoftLips® Limited Edition Winter flavors http://tinyurl.com/yjx8nyw
- 2 Extra Entries- for each of my contests that you enter.unlimited entry opportunity
- 5 Extra Entries – Keep updated on all the latest developments and promos by becoming a facebook fan of SoftLips®
- 3 Entries–Follow Multiple Blessings on blogger/google friend connect
- 3 Entries–Follow Mommy's Multiple Mayhem on blogger/google friend connect
- ✮ I ♥LOVE♥ Online-Sweepstakes.com! I love to win stuff and want my readers to win, too! If you happen to be one of my OLS peeps, leave me your OLS screen name and friend me on OLS (I'm GonnaWinBig) for 5 additional DAILY entries. Please leave 5 separate comments each day! ✮
- 5 Extra Entries – Favorite Multiple Blessings in Technorati and leave your ID name in a separate comment (you may click the green blog reactions link on my sidebar to get there)
- 5 Extra Entries- for displaying my button on your blog. Get 15 Extra Entries if you decide to display both of my blog buttons on your blog and/or blog about this giveaway on your own blog. (button codes are in the right hand column, please include the links to your blog for verification)
- 10 Extra Entries- for blogging about this giveaway and including link backs directly to this post. Please include the link to your post in your comment so that you can be credited.
- 10 Extra Entries-enter to win Noobie's Kindle contest via my personal link here http://www.noobie.com/kindle-
Make sure you leave a VALID email address.
I will not search beyond your profile to find you.That is a part of entering and following rules. Thanks.
You have 48 hours to respond to your winning email.
When entering a giveaway, you MUST follow the Required Entry.
Epigrammatic entries with “enter me", “me too”, or “count me in” and so forth will be deleted.
All negative comments such as “This item is not even worth winning” will be deleted and you will receive ONE warning. Should you violate that warning you will then be banned from the site.
I allow entries Per Email address.
So long as you follow the initial rules and guidelines, you may enter using one or all of your email addresses.
If you have questions about these rules or any other questions/comments, please email me: Twincere(at)Gmail(dot)com
*I received the complete set of the Softlips® Winter and Pure Organic lines to keep and sample for the purpose of this review.I was not monetarily compensated for this post. The opinions expressed herein are my own*
*Disclosure: As the owner of this site, I am sometimes compensated or offered a product to keep in exchange for providing my opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I may have received an associated product, service or other form of compensation (which will always be clearly disclosed by me) for content/review posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions based on my own thorough research, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this site are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the company, provider or party in question. As the owner of this site, I respect my readers and contributors privacy, and will NEVER spam, sell, or rent any aspect of readers/contributors personal information. EVER.