Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yum Yum Gimme Some! Pot Sticker Pad Thai


I absolutely love Thai food, I'm half  Thai--so go figure. Well, the other half of me is Italian, so I always knew I was a foodie at heart, and I can stick a fork in it with the best of them.
I came across a great recipe for Pot Sticker Pad Thai from Real Simple. I love it, and must concur that its pretty authentic.  This easy recipe is great because its yet another fine example of how you can turn frozen food ( in this case one bag of pot stickers dumplings) into something enticing, like this Thai takeout favorite that's ready in 15 minutes. The peanuts are optional, so omit them if you're concerned about food allergies.

Pot Sticker Pad Thai

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 15m

Ingredients

  • 1 16-ounce bag frozen pot stickers
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
  • 1 small head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup salted peanuts

Directions

  1. Cook the pot stickers according to the package directions; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot and cabbage and toss to coat. Add the soy sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
  3. Transfer the vegetables to individual plates, top with the pot stickers, and sprinkle with the peanuts.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a great recipe! I love the frozen pot stickers we buy at the grocery store and this is a great recipe to include them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

♫ Say what you need to say ♫

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations